Welcome to CommNEXT, a conference for students and professionals in the fields of design, video, advertising, marketing, PR, and journalism! Presented by the American Advertising Federation of Shreveport-Bossier and the Shreveport Journalism Foundation, CommNEXT is an event where students and professionals have the opportunity to learn more about the communications and digital media fields from industry experts!
Topics at this year's event will include PR campaigns, fake news, freelancing, design thinking, social design, video campaigns, and more! CommNEXT brings together students and professionals for an inspirational educational experience like none other!
CommNEXT is going to be held at the LSUS University Center on Saturday, October 21. The cost is $25/person.
Lunch is provided and will include a choice of gourmet sandwich, chips, drink, and dessert.
- 11:30 AM-12 Noon – Registration and Check-In
- 12:00-12:45 PM – Lunch and Opening Keynote
- 1:00-1:45 PM – Breakout Period #1 - 3 Breakout Sessions
- 2:00-2:45 PM – Breakout Period #2 - 3 Breakout Sessions
- 3:00-3:45 PM – Breakout Period #3 - 3 Breakout Sessions
- 4:00-5:00 PM – Closing Keynote and Remarks
- Opening Keynote: Tracey Altman, Altman Consulting - Guacomole Taught Me Everything I Know About Marketing
- Closing Keynote: Greg Kallenberg, Louisiana Film Prize
- Samantha Barbour, MFA - Topic: Design for Social Change
- Allen Garcie, MFA, Pixel Geek Studios - Topic: Design Thinking 101: Simple Methods for Increasing Your Level of Creativity
- Keith Hanson, Twin Engine Labs - Topic: Marketing Technology
- Jazmin Jernigan, Aesthetic Innovations - Topic: Freelancing
- Cameron King - Topic: National Video Campaigns
- Jackie Whaley, Townsquare Media - Topic: Social Media
- Scott Anderson, 25-year journalism veteran - Topic: Journalism
- Journalism and PR panel